I have been a junker for years…hitting garage sales, flea markets, occasional sales and antique stores at every opportunity and where ever I was travelling. In September of 08 I had time on my hands and started actively seeking out blogs that shared my junking and decorating interests. Some how I stumbled upon My Romantic Home and A Beach Cottage, and my blogger stalking days were in full tilt. I just surfed from one inspiring blog to another, ultimately becoming inspired to start my own. I didn’t know anything about blogging but thought it would be fun to learn something new. I am not sure why but the day I started -- I made a decision to blog every day for a year. About every four months during the past year I questioned why I made that decision, and wondered whether or not I would be able to do 365 posts in a row. I am surprised and happy I made it.
Thank you for visiting my blog and following along, and for the kind words along the way. I am not quite sure how often I will post going forward…I am guessing at least a few times a week, but not seven.
I thought I would share my favorite post and few others posts that capture my junking and decorating style.
Check out my Thrifty Shopping articles on examiner.com.
Thanks for stopping by Cottage Lifestyle and examiner.com.
- Inspirational decorating with thrifty finds
- Repurposing floral frogs
- Affordable watercolor art and frames
- Classic black and white purses
- 10 Chalkboard paint ideas
- Five Free Cell Phone Features
- Organizing with jars – Part I
- Organizing with jars – Part II
- Organizing with jars – Part III
- Dishes add color and whimsy to the garden
- Wallpaper Art
- Transforming a Goodwill table
- Repurposing flashcards
- Top 10 ideas for recycling greeting cards
- Hoops and fabric equal art
- Decorating with drop cloth curtains
- 10 uses for orphan sheets
- Organizing with Gladware
- Round robin clothing exchange and more