Thursday, February 19, 2009

Paddle Decorating...

When I think 'cottage' I think of water, so what better to decorate with than a paddle. My friend Jayne has paddles as decorations in her home on the Sunshine Coast in British Columbia. So I copied her idea and put paddles over several entryways into various rooms. I brought the blue paddle home from British Columbia...I loved the color. I wrapped it in bubble wrap and checked it as luggage. You could also use the paddle for a curtain rod or stand it up in a corner and attach pictures.
Found the paddle below at a garage sale in my neighborhood. Living in the Land of 10,000 Lakes (Minnesota) it is easy to find paddles, but they usually are more than I want to pay. This one wasn't painted but needed some sanding. When I finished the sanding I decided to keep the natural color...I probably need to varnish it.
The red paddle was purchased at the Gathering of Friends Antique Market event which is held a few times a year at Buck Hill Ski Chalet in Burnsville, MN (few minutes south of Minneapolis).
Thanks for stopping by...
Renee @ Cottage Lifestyle

8 comments:

Whispering Pine Cottage said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Whispering Pine Cottage said...

I love the paddles, particularly the red one! Angie

The Raggedy Girl said...

Renee:
Not only do I love the paddles but I just love the whole ambiance of your home. You have done a wonderful job and it is really so serene and cottage-y (not a word, I think!)

Roberta Anne

Susan @ The Good Life! said...

Your paddles are fun and I love them!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I love the red paddle - looks great with your decor!

DesignTies said...

The paddles are like works of art -- such a fun and unique way to decorate your walls :-)

Kelly @ DesignTies

bj said...

I love all your paddles...especially the red one...you have a darling cottage and i adore your white walls...

Ellen said...

Love your paddles. The color on the blue one is wonderful - definitely my favorite! I really love your cottage - so very pretty and inviting!

Ellen