My neighbor David’s father made this toolbox. I swapped some wood for it, as I thought it would be good for storing quilting supplies. Cleaned it up and stocked it with quilting goodies. The scarves in the top of the box will be used to make a quilt some day.
If you look closely at the right side of the picture below. David’s dad Wes punched holes to spell out his name Wes Smith…so cool.
I used to have the quilting supplies in these baskets (see below). As I added more and more stuff it became too much for the baskets. I put some thin acrylic in between the baskets to keep the baskets from sagging and that helped. Now they will be used for Wii equipment…sometime this winter I will spend more time organizing them.
Check out my Thrifty Shopping articles on examiner.com.
Thanks for stopping by Cottage Lifestyle and examiner.com.
- Repurposing floral frogs NEW
- Affordable watercolor art and frames
- Classic black and white purses
- 10 Chalkboard paint ideas
- Five Free Cell Phone Features
- Organizing with jars – Part I
- Organizing with jars – Part II
- Organizing with jars – Part III
- Dishes add color and whimsy to the garden
- Wallpaper Art
- Transforming a Goodwill table
- Repurposing flashcards
- Top 10 ideas for recycling greeting cards
- Hoops and fabric equal art
- Decorating with drop cloth curtains
- 10 uses for orphan sheets
- Organizing with Gladware
- Round robin clothing exchange and more