While in Ocala, Florida my friend Sue introduced me to her friend Susie, who recently decorated her home on a budget. Susie was kind enough to give me a tour and let me share it with you. Her decor is an amalgamation of treasured antiques collected over the years while living on the West Coast, consignments from her new home town of Ocala, spectacular buys from standard stomping grounds such as Michaels, and even freebies from the parents of the queen of junking, Ki Nassauer, Co-Editor, Flea Market Style magazine and much more.
The framed art below is a 99 cent poster. I wish I could have captured how vivid it is. The art paired with consignment couches and freebie tables, makes for a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
A sturdy end table and conversational piece.
I haven’t ever seen a frame like the one below. It made my heart melt.
Clever use of towels as curtains…not only practical but colorful.
Thanks Susie for sharing your home.
Check out my Thrifty Shopping articles on examiner.com.
Thanks for stopping by Cottage Lifestyle and examiner.com.
- Inspirational decorating with thrifty finds
- Repurposing floral frogs
- Affordable watercolor art and frames
- Classic black and white purses
- 10 Chalkboard paint ideas
- Five Free Cell Phone Features
- Organizing with jars – Part I
- Organizing with jars – Part II
- Organizing with jars – Part III
- Dishes add color and whimsy to the garden
- Wallpaper Art
- Transforming a Goodwill table
- Repurposing flashcards
- Top 10 ideas for recycling greeting cards
- Hoops and fabric equal art
- Decorating with drop cloth curtains
- 10 uses for orphan sheets
- Organizing with Gladware
- Round robin clothing exchange and more