Friday, December 26, 2008

Sew much organizing...

Have you ever started a project that you thought would only take a few minutes and it lead to another project that lead to another project and here you are 6 hours later? That was me today...started by organizing a toolbox to contain the items I use every time I sew, and a basket to house the projects I am working on. From just wanting to organize the toolbox and basket it went to organizing two other baskets, a cedar chest, the rack that holds my fabric and my quilting table (I will show you those on another day as I am in a rush). The initial reason for organizing the toolbox was because a few weeks ago when my friend Nancy came over to help me with a sewing project...I had thread, bobbins and sewing machine feet in three places...and it drove me crazy having to dig for what we needed.



The quilt in the basket (below) is for my brother's dog Eva and was made from scraps from a quilt I made for my brother's family. The top is done, but it needs to be quilted. The only quilts I have ever quilted are dog quilts, as I am only capable of making tops...the quilting is a challenge for me. The dog quilts are small and I can somewhat manuever in the machine, and I figure the dogs won't care if I make a mistake or two or more. Also in the basket are several other projects (not shown), a 'cutter' quilt...which is a quilt top (or full quilt) that isn't in good shape (worn/torn or missing sections) that my friend Anita sent me, since it is blue and white she thought I could use the good sections for pillows, quilt pieces (for the pattern you see in the toolbox) that I have cut but haven't sewn, and some quilted potholder pieces that I did about 10 years ago when I was just learning to quilt...pulled them out today and plan to finally finish them this winter.


Last year I made 10 1/4 quilts (4 for friends, 5 for my brother's family, 1 for me and 1 dog quilt which I count as the 1/4) here is the quilt I made that resulted in the scraps for the dog quilt.

Check out the beautiful quilting pattern my 'long arm' quilter Lynn did.

The pattern pops on the back of the quilt.

1 comment:

trish said...

Oh wow, I love your quilt! Your blog is such a pleasure to visit. Wanted to be sure and say hello.
Have a nice rest of the weekend.
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne