Sunday, December 21, 2008

My Taste is Changing...

Do you ever think back to what your home looked like when you were in your 20s, 30s, 40s, etc.? Did you even have a specific style you liked or incorporated when you were in your 20s??? I actually think I had some form of style in my 20s, but it wasn't until I hit 30 that my true style came to light. Along the way it has continued to evolve especially in the color category.

The one thing that has remained a constant is my love for watercolors. I am not so great at photographing art so I hope you can get a good idea of the colors in the following paintings. The following 3 pictures were painted by a family friend over 50 years ago. They were in the home I grew up in and I always admired them. About 25 years ago they made their way to my home. I think what I love about these paintings is that the artist didn't color inside the lines.





The tulip watercolor below was in my bedroom until last May when I fell in love with another watercolor. I tried to sell the tulip but haven't had any luck, so now I am trying to find 'her' a new home in my home.




While I was on the Sunshine Coast in British Columbia I visited the studio of one of my favorite artists, Anita Lindblom of Blue Dot Art Studio and bought the following watercolor...so the tulip picture was out. Anita is a very talented painter and potter. Her studio is in a building on the same land as her home over looking the water (Pacific Ocean). I love the colors in the watercolor Anita painted as they are also in one of the quilts that is on my bed.



2 comments:

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Pretty watercolors...I like the way the paints are outside the line, too! Love the quilt! Susan

Anonymous said...

I ALSO LIKE THAT ONE THE BEST.YOU FIND IT TODAY,BUT THAT ARTIST WAS AHEAD OF HER TIME.I'M SO GLAD THEY MADE IT TO YOUR HOME...ANN