By the way, the rug Lollie is on…I hauled home from British Columbia. I wrapped the rug around a paddle and check them as luggage (back in the old days before you had to pay to check your luggage). The art on the wall was painted by my mother’s best friend when I was born…so they are over 50 years old. And the rocker I have had since I was a baby…not sure where it came from.
Blogged for Between Naps on the Porch’s Met Monday, and I am also tagging onto Southern Hospitality's Thrifty Treasures since I shopped in my own home...can't get much more thrifty than using what you already own.
If you live in Minnesota or are planning to visit, here are three sales you don't want to miss.
Check out my Thrifty Shopping articles on examiner.com.
Thanks for stopping by Cottage Lifestyle and examiner.com.
- Classic black and white purses
- 10 Chalkboard paint ideas
- Five Free Cell Phone Features
- Organizing with jars – Part I
- Organizing with jars – Part II
- Organizing with jars – Part III
- Dishes add color and whimsy to the garden
- Wallpaper Art
- Transforming a Goodwill table
- Repurposing flashcards
- Top 10 ideas for recycling greeting cards
- Hoops and fabric equal art
- Decorating with drop cloth curtains
- 10 uses for orphan sheets
- Organizing with Gladware
- Round robin clothing exchange and more