I didn’t realize that last Monday’s post about my front porch couch would be part I. Here is a recap of where I was last week…extremely tired of using my red, white and blue quilt on the couch and decide to go without it…but didn’t want the white slip covered cushions exposed directly to Mother Nature’s elements…so I layered on a $4 white garage sale shower curtain.
Here is what the couch cushions look like with out the old red, white and blue quilt covering them.
Here is what the couch looked like last week after the white shower curtain was added.
On Saturday I went to the Good Junk sale and bought an outdoor iron couch with floral cushions (see picture below) from LeAnntiques.
I fell in love with this couch because it is in three pieces. Why is that so important? I have a 1906 house with narrow stairs and can’t get a couch up to the second floor, let alone up to the third floor – a finished attic where I enjoy watching TV, playing Wii, blogging and quilting during the winter. I have been using a two piece bamboo loveseat that I dug out of a dumpster…I will share that next Monday when I show you where the iron couch landed.
My attic is a somewhat neglected area as I tend to use whatever will make it up the narrow staircase and isn’t being used else where. Additionally it is the only level of the house to have carpet – a soft green color, and it is painted cream…which isn’t me at all. The ‘new’ sofa will look odd being that it is white and the walls are cream…but some day when the walls have been painted white and the carpet replaced by hardwood…it will look like my style.
After I got the iron sofa home and was enlisting the help of my friend Melinda to help me haul the pieces to the attic…we realized that maybe we should swap the white cushions from the front porch couch with the floral cushions that came with the iron couch. After all…the floral cushions weren’t the original style for the iron couch and we could cover the floral cushions so no one passing by the front porch or stopping for a visit would see the floral cushions. And best of all my nice white cushions wouldn’t be exposed to the outdoors any more.So, are you even still reading? Here is the front porch couch (see below) with the floral cushions. I used the garage sale white shower curtain to cover the cushions, however because it was so thin I needed to find another white large size cloth. Thankfully I remembered that I had a white chenille shower curtain that I quit using a few years back, and had it tucked away to use as throw when it is chilly during our s’more night parties. It worked perfectly as it is thick enough to hide the floral cushions, and it adds texture. I am guessing the cushions are suppose to sit as they do in the picture above, but in order to make them work on the front porch couch I had to be flexible.
Here she is with the white chenille shower curtain covering the floral cushions.
Cottage Lifestyle Giveaway!
Prize: Beach House Inspired Watercolors print of you choice and willing to ship anywhere.
Rules: You don’t need to have a blog to enter…just make sure you leave your email address. Enter as often as you wish. Anyone in the world can enter.
Ways to enter: You can do one or more of the following.
1) Visit Sara Tetley’s Beach House Inspired Watercolors and come back and share your favorite print.
2) If you follow my blog you will be automatically entered.
3) Sign up to follow my blog.
4) Visit my Thrifty Shopping article on examiner.com titled Affordable watercolor art and frames, where I featured Sara’s watercolors and leave a comment.
5) Post the Cottage Lifestyle Giveaway graphic (by copying the graphic or the HTML code below) on your blog either on the sidebar or in a post and let me know you have it on your blog. If you do a post and put it on the sidebar that will be worth two entries.
Giveaway ends August 30th.
<p><a href="http://cottagelifestyle.blogspot.com/%22><img title="Cottage Lifestyle Giveaway" style="border-right: 0px; border-top: 0px; display: inline; border-left: 0px; border-bottom: 0px" height="237" alt="Cottage Lifestyle Giveaway" src="$Cottage Lifestyle Giveaway.jpg" width="244" border="0" /></a></p>
Check out my Thrifty Shopping articles on examiner.com.
Thanks for stopping by Cottage Lifestyle and examiner.com.
- Repurposing floral frogs NEW
- Affordable watercolor art and frames
- Classic black and white purses
- 10 Chalkboard paint ideas
- Five Free Cell Phone Features
- Organizing with jars – Part I
- Organizing with jars – Part II
- Organizing with jars – Part III
- Dishes add color and whimsy to the garden
- Wallpaper Art
- Transforming a Goodwill table
- Repurposing flashcards
- Top 10 ideas for recycling greeting cards
- Hoops and fabric equal art
- Decorating with drop cloth curtains
- 10 uses for orphan sheets
- Organizing with Gladware
- Round robin clothing exchange and more