Monday, January 26, 2009

Sitting around the camp fire...

It's Monday so that means it is time for me to share something that makes me smile. Bought this picture at a garage sale years ago and have yet to change out the mat, paint the frame or figure out where I am going to hang it. I think I will paint the frame black and then I will decide on the mat color.

I love watercolors and this picture reminded me of my childhood in Northern Minnesota...fishing, camping, camp fires and s'mores.
I wish I could draw and paint...I am so envious of those that can.

7 comments:

Terri Steffes said...

Me, too. My sister, aunt and uncle are all artists. I probably have some talent but it is masked under their amazing talent!

Monica said...

Hello Renee,
thanks for your recent visit and lovely comment on my blog. Glad you like my vignette...
As for the name added on the pictures, I would love to share a faster method, but alas, I do use exactly the same!
My girl says hello to yours!:)
Monica.

The Raggedy Girl said...

Great watercolor. I too wish I could paint but not so good! I did one watercolor in my life and am going to blog about it and thank you for the inspiration. My hubby would love this picture.
Good wishes for a really nice day,
Roberta Anne

Whispering Pine Cottage said...

I love this watercolor..it also reminds me of my childhood..such an innocent quality to it. thanks. Angie

Anonymous said...

Sweet watercolor and I'm glad it gives you sweet memories!
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

Michelle, All Home and Love said...

What a pretty picture!
~Michelle

Crafts a la Mode said...

I've been taking painting (oil) lessons for about 10 years and I love it. I always said I couldn't draw a straight line and there's probably some truth to that, but who wants to look at a straight line? ha ha
It's doable. It's a learned thing - art. Everyone has a right-side of the brain so you can do it. DO IT!
Consider this encouragement. Linda

http://twosucculentsisters.blogspot.com/