Found this incredible piece on the street in the neighborhood. Thankfully my friend April was there to help me load it. Lifting and carrying the top cushion is a two person job, let along the base. It is 6 feet long and 24 inches deep. I think it would make a great ottoman for the metal three-piece sofa I bought recently and put on my 3rd floor. Not sure when I will get around to doing something with it. The base looks like it was covered in ticking.
It looks like it was some type of sofa with a back attached to a base. My neighbor is going to saw off the metal pieces.
Here is what the back of the top cushion looks like.
Check out my Thrifty Shopping articles on examiner.com.
Thanks for stopping by Cottage Lifestyle and examiner.com.
- Inspirational decorating with thrifty finds
- Repurposing floral frogs
- Affordable watercolor art and frames
- Classic black and white purses
- 10 Chalkboard paint ideas
- Five Free Cell Phone Features
- Organizing with jars – Part I
- Organizing with jars – Part II
- Organizing with jars – Part III
- Dishes add color and whimsy to the garden
- Wallpaper Art
- Transforming a Goodwill table
- Repurposing flashcards
- Top 10 ideas for recycling greeting cards
- Hoops and fabric equal art
- Decorating with drop cloth curtains
- 10 uses for orphan sheets
- Organizing with Gladware
- Round robin clothing exchange and more