So bummed that I can’t find the before shot of this dresser…as I type the words ‘before shot’ makes me wonder if the reason I can’t find a before shot is because I didn’t take one. Any way…I paid $3 for this dresser. It came from a daycare that was going out of business. It had stickers on each drawer. I didn’t realize until my friend Melinda peeled off the stickers that they were covering holes from previous pulls that required two holes. Somewhere along the line the old pulls had been replaced with the knobs you see in the picture. I used some white paint from a hallway painting project and quickly rolled on a few coats. Didn’t spend a lot of time on it as it was going into a closet. Didn’t even take the time to sand the edges.
Blogged for Between Naps on the Porch’s Met Monday. Thanks Susan for hosting.
A plug for a friend’s TV show…
My friend Dave is the Show Producer for Bizarre World formerly Bizarre Foods. The episode on Tuesday, September 15th at 10:00pm ET features the bush people of the Kalahari Desert. Worth watching!
Roadkill Rescue on 11/18/09
If you are up to it, consider taking the Roadkill Rescue challenge hosted by Infarrantly Creative. The challenge will take place on 11/18/09 (my one year blogoversary). Here are the rules.
1. The object you makeover must have been completely free to you, meaning you found it on the side of the road, in a dumpster, someone gave it to you, or Aunt Nelly died and left it to you in her will. YOU DID NOT PAY A DIME FOR IT...got it? Good!
2. You can use or buy other things to help fix it up (spray paint, embellishments, ribbon, fabric, etc).
3. You have to be a subscriber of Infarrantly Creative.
4. You must have the Roadkill Rescue button somewhere on your sidebar.
5. It doesn't have to be a new post, you can use an older post as long as it applies to rule #1.
Beach House Inspired Watercolors Offer ends September 15, 2009
A consolation offer from Sara Tetley of Beach House Inspired Watercolors for those that missed out on winning a print.
OFFER: 20% off on an order of up to 2 prints through September 15, 2009. Send an email to Sara Tetley at firstname.lastname@example.org with the names of the print(s) you wish to purchase as well as any items from her ETSY shop 'sold' page, and be sure to include the discount code COTTAGELIFE. Sara accepts PayPal or cashier's checks. Thank you Sara!
Check out my Thrifty Shopping articles on examiner.com.
Thanks for stopping by Cottage Lifestyle and examiner.com.
- Inspirational decorating with thrifty finds NEW
- Repurposing floral frogs
- Affordable watercolor art and frames
- Classic black and white purses
- 10 Chalkboard paint ideas
- Five Free Cell Phone Features
- Organizing with jars – Part I
- Organizing with jars – Part II
- Organizing with jars – Part III
- Dishes add color and whimsy to the garden
- Wallpaper Art
- Transforming a Goodwill table
- Repurposing flashcards
- Top 10 ideas for recycling greeting cards
- Hoops and fabric equal art
- Decorating with drop cloth curtains
- 10 uses for orphan sheets
- Organizing with Gladware
- Round robin clothing exchange and more