Friday, April 24, 2009

Round-robin clothing exchange and more…

Per a prior post…I started a gig as the Thrifty Shopping Examiner (freelance writer) for the Minneapolis examiner.com website. Finally, all those years of junk shopping and dumpster diving will be put to use. I will be writing three to four articles a week about searching thrift and antique stores, occasional, rummage and garage sales, flea markets, and dumpsters for deals, sharing junking, repurposing, recycling, and decorating tips, and fabulous blog finds and ideas (I already have four of our favorite bloggers willing to share...stay tuned to find out who they are).

As I browse the blogs I will be on the lookout for a thrifty find or idea. If you have any note worthy finds and decorating ideas and wish to share them, I would love to feature them in an article. Of course, I would give you credit for each idea/photo and include your blog address. You can contact me by clicking on the email button the sidebar or send an email directly to thriftyshopping@hotmail.com.

I was waffling about keeping my blog going…so I think what I am going to do…is on the days that I have an article on examiner.com that I think you would enjoy…I will mention it here and you can decide if you want to link over to examiner.com to read it. On the days I don’t have an article on examiner.com I am hoping to have a post here.

Please check out my first article on examiner.com titled Round-robin clothing exchange and more.
clothing-racks[1]
Important note…the photo of me on the examiner.com website is of me and my dog Lollie, but they cropped it so it looks like I have black fur on my face…hopefully it will be fixed soon.

If you are interested in writing for the examiner.com about a topic you enjoy, and have questions the process, let me know.

Thanks for stopping by…
Renee @ Cottage Lifestyle

5 comments:

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

Hi Renee, I hopped over and read your piece on clothing exchange. What a great idea that is! I'm glad you aren't going to stop blogging as I enjoy your design aesthetic and now will be looking forward to linking to your articles.

Rhondi said...

That is very exciting that you're going to be writing for the paper. Congratulations.
Hugs, Rhondi

Anonymous said...

That is a wonderful idea. An exchange and your right, it could work for most anything. I will happily follow along with your writing. How exciting for you. Best of luck and keep bringing us your articles.

Robin Johnson said...

I'm so glad you have decided to continue to blog, I really enjoy your posts. Good luck on your articles, I'm headed over to check it now.

j said...

THAT is a dream opportunity! How cool to get to write about something that is so much fun!