Sunday, April 5, 2009

The advantage of being lazy...

This is the view I have out of my right eye when I am doing my hair and makeup. I found this framed embroidery piece at a garage sale two years ago. The vibrant blue background and blue and white flowers caught my eye. I wasn't big on the colors in the frame, but I was lazy and didn't do anything about it, and now they have grown on me, and I no longer plan to change the frame color. The goldenrod leaves kinda bug me...some day I may take the piece out of the frame and replace the goldenrod with a stunning green.

I thought it would work well in the bathroom as it would hold up to moisture. Sorry I couldn't get a good photo, it wasn't for lack of trying...I even took it off the wall and put it on the floor to photograph...however, due to my poor photography skills my reflection always appeared.

Thanks for stopping by...
Renee @ Cottage Lifestyle

8 comments:

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

Renee, I think it's lovely - refreshing and cheerful, just as is. :)

Peggy said...

This would look perfect in my bathroom too!
It is really hard matching the blue tile I have and this looks perfect.
I even use yellow as an accent color!
Peggy

Peggy said...

This would look perfect in my bathroom too!
It is really hard matching the blue tile I have and this looks perfect.
I even use yellow as an accent color!
Peggy

The Raggedy Girl said...

I think you did a great job with the photo. It is really lovely. I was just thinking yesterday how each person's home is unique and a perfect reflection of that person.

Happy Sunday To You
Full of God's Blessings

from Roberta Anne

The Ultimate Cottage said...

What a beautiful piece. It is very nice. Easy on the eyes. You did a fantastic job taking the picture. Have a Wonderful week.
Pam (-:

jen said...

Very cheery!!

Jen

Maisy said...

so great. wonderful way to see the world out of a mirror!!

Susan @ The Good Life! said...

I love your embroidery. That was a lucky find!