Wednesday, April 22, 2009

News and Decisions...

The News...
I am going to be the Thrifty Shopping Examiner writing articles for examiner.com (http://www.examiner.com/twin_cities). The articles will be focused on searching thrift stores, antique shops, occasional sales, flea markets, and garage sales for good deals, as well as tips on junking, repurposing, recycling, decorating, etc. and promoting upcoming sales.

Articles will include good deals and finds from stores, flea markets, garage sales, etc., and fabulous blog finds and ideas (I already have three of our favorite bloggers willing to share...stay tuned to find out who they are).

As I browse the blogs I will be on the lookout for a thrifty find or idea. If you have any note worthy finds and decorating ideas and wish to share them, I would love to feature them in an article. Of course, I would give you credit for each idea/photo and include your blog address. You can contact me by clicking on the email button the sidebar or send an email directly to thriftyshopping@hotmail.com.

The Decisions...
Back when I started my blog on November 18th I had this crazy idea to do a post every day for a year (currently at 160 posts). However, I am undecided if I will be able to do a daily, along with writing 3-4 articles a week for examiner.com. I originally thought I could use my blog content for my examiner articles and vice a versa...not sure how well that will work. So, do I give up on my 365 days of posting and just do a post when I can or do I bag the blog all together?

As soon as my first article is live on examiner.com (http://www.examiner.com/twin_cities) I will include a link to it and encourage you to stop by and support me.

Don't forget to respond to the survey I have on the side bar. I plan to use these results in an upcoming examiner.com article.


Thanks for stopping by...
Renee @ Cottage Lifestyle

7 comments:

trish said...

Oh I hope you don't shut your blog down!!
How exciting to write for your local examiner! I am looking forward to reading your articles! :o)
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

V and Co. said...

don't bad the blog! whatever you do don't do that but do what it takes to make sure you don't crazy. i'm sure we'd be just fine waiting a little in between your posts. ;) i bet you have some super awesome bloggers lined up! ;)

V and Co. said...

okay i meant to write "don't BAG the blog" i need to sleep more.

The Raggedy Girl said...

Whatever you do don't stop the blog, cut down if you may...there are not blog rules...really!

Congratulations on your new job, you are going to be great.

Roberta Anne = Raggedy Girl

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I'm happy for your new writing assignment. You'll do a super job! But please...don't ditch the blog! I enjoy your design style too much and would miss all that you post. I'd have to resort to stealing ideas from somewhere else! ;-) Good luck on juggling your schedule. We'll all wait patiently for your posts and promise not to nag! Take care, Nancy

Anonymous said...

First, congratulations. WHat fun that would be.

Second, Don't you dare shut down. I've just found and love the blog.

Third, I don't see anything wrong with using your blog idea for a writing in your paper. I actualy think it could expand your audience both ways.

Best of luck to you and please keep blogging.

rustycupboard said...

great news for you. thanks for the information on the yoyo quilt. It was the exact one I wanted.
helen