Saturday, May 2, 2009

I shutter to tell you...

5.1 007
Yes, another unbelievable find. While driving around a neighborhood garage sale, I made a wrong turn and stumbled upon these FREE wood shutters. There were four large ones and two small ones. As usual I couldn't pass them up because I just know I can find a use for them. Hinged together the four large ones would make a fun privacy screen on my front porch, maybe they would work as winter wind/snow buffers on the back screen porch, and you know they would make the best headboard.
5.1 008
5.1 009
 5.1 013

5.1 014

Please take the garage sale survey on the side bar. I am looking to get feedback from 100 bloggers. The results will be used in an upcoming article I am working on for my Thrifty Shopping column on examiner.com.
Thanks for stopping by...
Renee @ Cottage Lifestyle

8 comments:

Allidink said...

No one in my neighborhood ever gives away anything free. What does THAT say about them huh? LOL. Great find! Shutters are so neat.

All the best,
Allison

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

Seriously Renee, you are so freakin lucky that your neighborhood is a treasure trove! And how much fun!

Maisy said...

wow..you are so lucky. i wish i could stumble upon some of the things you find in your neighborhood. Wait, here do you live? :)

bj said...

OOO, I never...EVER...pass up shutters..They, as you say, can be used for a million things and they always add texture to a room...
You had a FABULOUS find..
I LOVE finding good things...FREE!!

The Raggedy Girl said...

You are the luckiest girl on earth or you live in a wonderful neighborhood but I stand amazed at what you forage.

The Raggedy Girl

Anonymous said...

Okay ladies, i'm driving who's coming with me to Renee's neighborhood!! I'm tired of missing out on the absolutely wonderful finds!!

Fantastic!

Unknown said...

Renee,
You are so lucky! Good find! I gave you an award. Please visit my blog to see what it is!

nancy

Jodi said...

Those are cool, and best, they were free!!! Can't wait to see what you do with them. ;)