Monday, November 24, 2008

The first slip cover I ever made (and the last)

As part of my cleaning spree I washed the slip cover on the chair in my dining room. Unfortunately I can't remember the last time that happened. Since I had the slip cover off...I thought I would show you the chair I rescued out of the neighbor's trash a few years back. I liked the size and style of the chair and couldn't bare to see it tossed into the dumpster. Not sure what I was thinking though because I hadn't ever reupholstered anything or made a slip cover. For some reason I thought since I make quilt tops I could make a slip cover. I had some fabric that had been given to me by my friend Anita...I loved it and knew would be perfect for this chair. I struggled through the slip cover class and about the only thing I learned was how to rip out stitches quickly. If you only knew how many times I had to redo my work. I wasn't ever able to master putting in the zipper and had to hire one of our local talents, Sandy Stone (http://www.sandystonedesignstudio.com/) to put the zipper in. As you can see from the picture it isn't a perfect fit...but it doesn't bother me...I am happy with how it turned out.



.

1 comment:

Free Credit Score said...

It looks brilliant! You are such a talented person!