Yikes, it has been a while since I have blogged. I was traveling for work and didn’t have an opportunity to post, then I was traveling with friends and having too much fun to post, and when I came home I seemed to either be too busy shoveling snow or too tired to blog. I got out of the habit after the first week of not blogging…reminded me of exercise…once you don’t exercise for a few days all of a sudden a week has gone by, then another week of no exercise.
I am recommitting to blogging. I have a giveaway winner to announce, my interview with Linda McDonald of Flea Market Style magazine, and a lot of photos of homes that I either spent time in or stalked while in California.
The photo above and the photos below are of the home of my friends Bill and Marie. I have known Marie since 1982 and almost always stay at with her and Bill when I am in the Bay Area. Bill’s uncle designed the home.
The jug below was used to hold sake.
Fresh fruit on the front porch make for a warm and colorful welcome.
The picture below is a tree from their yard, but I can’t for the life of me remember what these are…other than striking and messy when they hit the ground and you step on them.
The persimmons were spectacular and made for a beautiful display.
In one of the houses that we toured in St. Helena they cut a full branch of persimmons and set it on a buffet.
Check out my Thrifty Shopping articles on examiner.com.
Thanks for stopping by Cottage Lifestyle and examiner.com.
- Inspirational decorating with thrifty finds
- Repurposing floral frogs
- Affordable watercolor art and frames
- Classic black and white purses
- 10 Chalkboard paint ideas
- Five Free Cell Phone Features
- Organizing with jars – Part I
- Organizing with jars – Part II
- Organizing with jars – Part III
- Dishes add color and whimsy to the garden
- Wallpaper Art
- Transforming a Goodwill table
- Repurposing flashcards
- Top 10 ideas for recycling greeting cards
- Hoops and fabric equal art
- Decorating with drop cloth curtains
- 10 uses for orphan sheets
- Organizing with Gladware
- Round robin clothing exchange and more