Saturday, December 12, 2009

Back to blogging…with a lot to share…

napa 034

Yikes, it has been a while since I have blogged. I was traveling for work and didn’t have an opportunity to post, then I was traveling with friends and having too much fun to post, and when I came home I seemed to either be too busy shoveling snow or too tired to blog. I got out of the habit after the first week of not blogging…reminded me of exercise…once you don’t exercise for a few days all of a sudden a week has gone by, then another week of no exercise.

I am recommitting to blogging. I have a giveaway winner to announce, my interview with Linda McDonald of Flea Market Style magazine, and a lot of photos of homes that I either spent time in or stalked while in California.

The photo above and the photos below are of the home of my friends Bill and Marie. I have known Marie since 1982 and almost always stay at with her and Bill when I am in the Bay Area. Bill’s uncle designed the home.

napa 025

The jug below was used to hold sake.

napa 035

Fresh fruit on the front porch make for a warm and colorful welcome.

napa 036

The picture below is a tree from their yard, but I can’t for the life of me remember what these are…other than striking and messy when they hit the ground and you step on them.

napa 039

napa 040

The persimmons were spectacular and made for a beautiful display.

napa 083

napa 085

napa 084

In one of the houses that we toured in St. Helena they cut a full branch of persimmons and set it on a buffet.

napa 132

Check out my Thrifty Shopping articles on examiner.com.

Thanks for stopping by Cottage Lifestyle and examiner.com.
Renee

4 comments:

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

Welcome back!!! It sounds like you had a great time!

Looking forward to some posting from you!

LOVED the branch of persimmons!!! Brilliant!

Michelle, All Home and Love said...

Welcome back!
~Michelle

★Carol★ said...

I was just thinking about you a couple of days ago, wondering where you were! Sounds like you had fun, and I love that picture of the persimmon branch on the buffet. Simple yet beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
might , perhaps curious to know how one can make real money .
There is no initial capital needed You may commense to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
AimTrust incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with affiliates around the world.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your chance That`s what you really need!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a correct partner who uses your funds in a right way - that`s it!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://haxokitume.1accesshost.com/katihi.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to feel the smell of real money